• Begins Russell Wilson: the Denver Broncos One of the best teams in the league, Wilson is uniquely suited to dominate the league houston texas‘ defense.
• Sitting James Conner: It’s a revenge game for the first one Pittsburgh Steelers He’s running back, but he doesn’t see the same opportunities this year as he did last year — especially when the Cardinals are playing from behind.
• There are six teams in the bye week: There will be more surprising names in the starting players than usual. The players who will sit are more players than you might consider starting thanks to the bye weeks but will likely remain sitting.
Estimated reading time: 16 minutes
Determining who will start or sit in fantasy football can be as easy as looking at PFF Global rankings And go with the highest ranked player. This beginning, The Sitting Column digs a step deeper, looking at why someone you might normally start with might not be having a good week or why someone who’s been overlooked might be having a good week. In many cases, the stars should be the regular core players, but we want to explore edge players as well.
Go to placement group:
Sam Howell, Washington leaders
- Howell ranks fourth in fantasy points this season, with most of his bad games occurring early in the season. He’s averaging 21.2 fantasy points per game since Week 5.
- Only once since Week 5 has he finished outside the top 12 fantasy quarterbacks.
- That was in the seventh week against the New York Giantswhen he was sacked six times and completed only 52% of his passes.
- Since that game, he’s done a much better job of avoiding sacks. He was sacked five or more times in six of his first seven games. He has been sacked four or fewer times in each of the past five.
- Howell has generally had success as a fantasy quarterback because he consistently throws 40 or more passes per game.
- Leaders play Miami Dolphins At week 13 they are Heavy underdogs. It is very likely that Howell will reach 40 passes again, as the leaders will have to play from the back.
- The size alone would be enough to make it a fantasy starter. The Dolphins have the top-six coverage grades and top-six rushing grades, but they have allowed an above-average amount of fantasy points to quarterbacks this season, in part due to size.
Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos
- Wilson has finished as a top-12 fantasy quarterback in three of his past four games and five of his past eight.
- He is not playing as well as he was during his peak seasons with the team Seattle Seahawksbut received significantly better grades than in the previous two seasons.
- Wilson has performed much better against zone defense than man this season, with a 76.0 PFF passer grade against zone and a 61.3 mark against man.
- The Broncos play in Week 13 houston texas, Who deploy zone defense at the sixth highest rate in the NFL.
- Although the Broncos are one of the most important teams in the NFL,… houston texas She is favored by a few points. Houston has won or lost by three points or fewer in each of its past nine games.
- The Texans are among the top 10 teams in allowing fantasy points to quarterbacks this season.
- Wilson should see a normal amount of size and be a little more efficient than usual on his way to 12th among quarterbacks.
- He’s also among the top 12 quarterbacks this week Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson And Justin Fields They are saying goodbye.
Baker Mayfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Mayfield has scored the 16th-most fantasy points this season, leading three quarterbacks in the bye week.
- Part of the reason he was ranked so highly is because he was able to stay healthy, which led to a lot of pass attempts. He has thrown the eighth-most passes this season.
- He ranks just 20th in fantasy points per game this season among quarterbacks.
- Mayfield faces off in Week 13 Carolina Panthers, Who have allowed the fourth-fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks this season.
- Pirates are Big favorite against the Carolina Panthers, Who just fired their head coach.
- Tampa Bay runs the ball 52.6% of the time with a lead, the sixth-highest rate in the NFL, and throws it 70% of the time when it’s trailing, the seventh-highest. This means that the fantasy value of Buccaneers players will be more dependent on game script than other teams.
- The Panthers have been an average coverage defense this season, but game scripts have left opposing quarterbacks underperforming due to a lack of passing volume.
Gino Smith, Seattle Seahawks
- Smith is one of 12 quarterbacks to finish in the top five in the past three weeks. The other 11 quarterbacks are either fantasy starters this week or are on bye.
- The Seahawks have the third-worst quarterback game against Dallas Cowboys This week, according to PFF Power of schedule tool.
- The Cowboys have allowed the seventh-fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks this season.
- Smith has played better against zone defense than man this season, earning a 76.6 PFF passer grade against zone compared to a 68.2 mark against man.
- His 5.7% throwing rate against the man is fifth highest among quarterbacks.
- The Cowboys deploy man coverage at the second-highest rate in the NFL.
- While it’s unlikely that many fantasy managers would consider starting Smith, he was the only quarterback off the team Baker Mayfield Who started in at least 10% of ESPN’s leagues last week but was not ranked in the top 13 or bye week.
Take control of fantasy football and betting with the data and AI-powered tools everyone 32 trusts
“Food ninja. Friendly thinker. Explorer. Entrepreneur. Zombie junkie.