In November, Google started previewing Android 14 QPR2 earlier than expected, and Beta 2 is now rolling out to Pixel, Fold, and tablet phones.
After launching QPR1 at the beginning of December, QPR2 is expected to reach stability in March. The preview program for this next release and Pixel Features Drop should start this month. Instead, it began in mid-November and was followed by a .1 correction less than a week later.
QPRs are relatively stable and are released as beta versions rather than developer previews. Google officially says it’s “suitable for general use.” Known issues include:
- Sometimes when a user unlocks the device using his fingerprint, there is no haptic feedback.
- For Pixel Fold devices, sometimes after the user unlocks the device while it is folded, the internal screen does not turn on after unlocking the device.
- Quick Help sometimes displays weather information for the wrong location.
Google identifies the following fixes in AP11.231117.006 with the December 2023 security patch:
- Fixed an issue where battery usage information reported in system settings was sometimes incorrect. (Issue No. 312121998)
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint icon would sometimes appear on the lock screen before other information loaded in Always On Display mode. (Issue No. 311265905)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the biometric prompt to crash, causing it to be ignored before the user could interact with it.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Quick Internet settings box to indicate no Wi-Fi connection, even when the device was connected to a Wi-Fi network.
The Android Beta Feedback app is available on Pixel devices for submitting bugs. You can access it from the app drawer or via Quick Settings to log bugs in Google’s issue tracker, while the Android Beta community is live on Reddit.
Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2 is available for the Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, Pixel 7a, Pixel Tablet, Pixel Fold, Pixel 8, and Pixel 8 Pro, as well as an Android emulator.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links to earn income. more.
“Writer. Friendly troublemaker. Lifelong food junkie. Professional beer evangelist.”