US is committed to North Korea supplying Russia with weapons. Kiev reports heavy losses in Putin’s army. News ticker about the war in Ukraine.
- Drone attack Inside Chmelnyzkyj: Damage to nuclear power plants raises international fears
- “Many have affirmed”: North Korea’s ruler Kim Jong Un is given weapons
- Losses I am War zone: New figures on casualties in Vladimir Putin’s army
- Information processed here comes from international media and news agencies, as well as from warring parties Russia, Ukraine and their allies. In particular, information about the losses suffered by the armies involved in the Ukrainian war cannot be independently verified.
Updated on October 26, 11:44 am: Ukraine currently sees high “military risks” in Black Sea grain corridor. Due to this, the government has stopped the traffic going to the ports today. Kiev-based consulting firm Parva Invest announced this on Telegram, as did the news agency Reuters reported. Reuters Ukrainian officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
Ukraine War: Medvedev announces reform of Russia’s military
Updated on October 26, 11:21 am: US military analysts question Dmitry Medvedev’s latest statements. The former Russian president – now deputy secretary of the Security Council – said on October 25 that nearly 385,000 people had joined the Russian armed forces since the start of the year.
In addition, Medvedev announced 19 new navies and a new flotilla as part of military reforms the following year. This is what the US Institute for War Studies (ISW) writes in its latest situation report – and judges: it is “highly unlikely” that Russia will be able to successfully increase its forces.
War in Ukraine: Secret Service Says Rebels Kill Four FSB Members
Updated on October 26, 10:49 am: Four Russian bombers were blown up in Berdyansk, southern Ukraine. They all worked for the FSB, the Russian secret service, and were in a car together. This was announced by HUR Telegram, the Ukrainian military intelligence service Ukraine Pravda Reported today. The incident took place on October 23 in the Zaporizhzhia region. He writes that the car explosion was caused by Ukrainian resistance fighters Ukraine Pravda. HUR spoke of an “act of revenge”. The information could not be independently verified at first.
Ukraine war: Damage to Khmelnytskyi nuclear power plant sparks international fears
Report from October 26: Kyiv – The International Atomic Energy Agency is also concerned about the damage to the Khmelnytsky nuclear power plant. “This incident once again underlines the extremely precarious situation of nuclear security in Ukraine as long as this tragic war continues,” said IAEA Director Raffaele Grassi.
A Russian drone struck an area in western Ukraine. The pressure wave from the explosions near the nuclear power plant blew out windows in several of the power plant’s administrative buildings.
Arms for Russia in Ukraine war: Sharp criticism of supplies from North Korea
South Korea, Japan and the US have now condemned North Korea’s supply of arms and military equipment to Russia. “Such arms deliveries, many of which we have now confirmed, will significantly increase the number of victims of Russia’s war of aggression,” they said in a joint statement.
North Korea seeks military support from Russia in return for arms supplies to improve its own military capabilities. However, any arms deal with North Korea would violate several UN Security Council resolutions voted on by the government in Moscow itself, the news agency said. Reuters Further.
North Korea and Russia pledged closer military cooperation at a meeting between Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un in September. Both countries have always denied receiving weapons from North Korea for use against Ukraine.
Ukraine war: Kiev’s military releases new figures on Russia’s losses
Meanwhile, Ukrainian civil servants have released new statistics on Russia’s losses in the war in Ukraine. Accordingly, more than 800 Russian soldiers were killed or wounded in the last day’s fighting. However, the information could not be independently verified.
- Players: 297,120 (+810 on previous day)
- Puncture: 5141 (+29)
- Armored Fighting Vehicles: 9715 (+18)
- Artillery System: 7155 (+30)
- Multiple rocket launchers: 834 (+1)
- Air Defense Systems: 556 (+2)
- Airplanes: 320
- Helicopter: 324
- Drones: 5389 (+17)
- Rockets: 1538
- Ships and Boats: 20
- Vehicles and Tankers: 9507 (+33)
- Source: Ukrainian Civil Service as of October 26, 2023. Information about Russian losses comes from the Ukrainian military. They cannot be independently verified. Russia has not provided any information on its own losses in the war in Ukraine.
(with news agency)
. “Amateur alcohol specialist. Reader. Hardcore introvert. Freelance explorer.”